- Where is the conference being held?
- Santa Apollonia
Via San Gallo, 25
- Santa Apollonia
- Where can I pick up my registration materials?
- All course materials are available online at the My USCAP Dashboard. Login at www.myuscap.org and select Pre-meetings Materials under Diagnostic Pathology Update: 7/8-13, 2018. There will be limited WiFi at the conference center. It is recommended that you download the materials in advance so you can follow along at the course.
- All attendees will receive a registration badge. The registration desk at Santa Apollonia will open on Sunday, July 8 at 11:30 AM.
- Is there a dress code for the conference?
- The average July temperature in Florence is 30°C/86°F and many buildings do not have air conditioning. Please dress casually for the conference and social events. Check the 10-day forecast, as there may be a chance of rain.
- It is also recommended to wear comfortable shoes. Florence is a great city for walking, and many of the social activities are in different venues.
- I’m traveling with my family, are they invited to the opening reception?
- I didn’t sign up for Bodyworks for Kids. Is there still space?
- I noticed the formal program on Wednesday, July 11 ends at 9:30 AM, is the rest of the day free time?
- Italy is on the Euro. ATMs (Bancomats) are widely available across the city. Credits cards are accepted in most hotels and restaurants.
- Power Adapters and Converters
- Adapter - Wall outlets typically accommodate plugs with two or three round pins (the latter grounded, the former not).
- Converter - Electricity in Italy, as in the rest of Europe, comes out of the wall socket at 220 volts alternating at 50 cycles per second. If your electrical device is designed to run only on 110-120 volts, you will need a converter.
- Value-Added Tax
- Shoppers can reclaim the VAT (value-added tax) after spending a threshold amount. You need to obtain an official receipt from the store(s), show the receipt and goods to the “dogana” (customs) at the airport in order to receive the refund in cash or credit. You must not pack the purchased articles for which you desire the VAT refund, and this transaction must be completed before you check luggage.
- Tipping in Italy is not common, but if you choose to, it’s recommended to leave around 10% - 15% if the service charge is not included.
- US Passports
- If you are traveling on a US passport, remember you must have 6 months of validity left on the passport for it to be considered a valid travel document. All of Europe’s 26 Schengen countries strictly enforce this rule.