Companion Society Application
Application for Companion Society Status
To apply for Companion Society status, the applicant society should already be established and have Bylaws, Officers, and members. If your group meets this requirement, please prepare the materials below.
An officer of the society should send a letter to the Academy expressing their intent to apply for Companion Society status. The letter should include:
- Objective of the society’s proposed educational program
- Outline of the benefits of collaboration with USCAP
- Attachment A - List of current officers
- Attachment B - A copy of the applicant society’s constitution and bylaws
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by October 1 in order to be considered by the Education Committee and Executive Committee at their November meetings.
Once the completed application is received, it will be reviewed by the USCAP Education and Executive Committees in November. If endorsed by these Committees, the application will be forwarded to the Board of Directors for consideration the following day. If approved by the Board of Directors, USCAP’s Executive Vice President will notify the Companion Society immediately, and the first symposium will be scheduled for the next Annual Meeting (e.g. if the application is received and approved in 2018, the first Companion Society meeting will be held at the 2019 USCAP Annual Meeting).
Symposium and Business Meeting Planning
The Companion Society meetings held in conjunction with the USCAP Annual Meeting should supplement and in no way compete with, or duplicate, the various aspects of the Academy’s programs. Each Companion Society can hold a scientific symposium and a business meeting.
Companion Society symposium meetings will be held on the Saturday and Sunday of the USCAP Annual Meeting. Each Companion Society meeting is typically 3 hours in length. The symposium should be designed to meet relevant educational needs of pathologists. The following are requirements of the education program.
|-One (1) screen|
|-LCD projector in 16:9|
|-Podium with microphone|
|-One (1) wireless handheld microphone|
|All other AV must be rented through the approved AV company. Contact details will be provided upon request.|
Each Companion Society can elect to hold a business meeting directly prior to or immediately following their symposium. The Companion Society must indicate this on their annual planning form. USCAP will reserve the room for the designated time.
- The Academy collects a registration fee which permits attendance at one or more of the Companion Meetings. To qualify for member rates at the USCAP Annual Meeting, members of a Companion Society must also be members of the Academy.
- Companion Society Status can be discontinued by USCAP or by a Companion Society with one year’s notice.
- A copy of the 2019 Guidelines for Companion Meetings is available here.